If you do not use the Internet to grow your real estate investment, youre really missing. There is a lot you can do in internet marketing space, but this article specifically discusses how to utilize social networking for real estate investments. Many social networking applications enjoy widespread use and, best of all, they are free Below are 10 quick tips on how to use popular social networks.
- Use Twellow to identify property investors in your local area and follow each of them. This tool is like Twitter Yellow Pages and categorizes Twitter users by industry. You can quickly search in the Real Estate category and enter the name of your city in the search box. You will find many people Im sure In addition, a new feature called Twellowhood can also find people based on location so check it out as well.
- Use a free tool like TweetLater to set automatic instant messaging response to all your followers containing a URL to your site or press the page. On a related note, be sure to turn off all emails on your Twitter account ... if you do not want your emailbox to be completely flooded
- If you are a wholesaler, tweet about any real estate offers you want to sell. Be sure to include a link to more information about the property. I suggest using bit.ly an easy to use URL card because tweets can only be 140 characters long and URLs can be quite long. Bit.ly is also good because it provides real time track tracking.
- Be sure to retweet RT other investors tweets that have useful information ... this will help you build trust and credibility and will increase your followers. How it works ... lets say a local investor @ BobLocalREI has a good tweet saying Good article on how to earn real estate in a declining market. To retweet this, you would just tweet the following RT @ BobLocalREI Great article on how to make money on real estate in a falling market.
- Join existing Facebook groups with real estate investors from your area. You can do this by clicking on Groups and then searching for groups for terms like Chicago Real Estate Investors, Boston Shielding Investors or Orange County Real Estate Investors Be sure to introduce yourself to the group and send your offers on the groups public wall.
- Create your own Facebook group for real estate investors in your area. Invite members of the other groups to join your group. Encourage other wholesalers to join and submit their offers to the group as well. Do not make it a private group make it open to everyone. This will create an excellent buyer list for you and will also connect you to other investors you can do joint ventures with.
- Add a form to your Facebook profile that allows people to opt in to your newsletter that provides tips, news and details about your wholesaler retail. There is a good blog entry from Return on Subscriber that goes through how you add the form.
- Use the update status feature on Facebook. Your status may be about everyday events with your real estate investment there may be a particular business, that may be what you want. There are also several tools that integrate your Twitter and Facebook accounts, which is an important time saver for those using both applications.
YouTube.com and other social networking sites
- Search engines love video Create videos with useful tips on how to invest may be targeted at buyers, sellers, or both. Consider using the Annotations feature in your videos to highlight important points in your video. With notes you can make thought bubbles, text in boxes or links to other videos but not to external websites.
Be sure your video title and description are very well written and full of keywords that help people find your videos. Before you start, think about who your audience is and list a few real estate investment related topics for which you can create videos.
- Duplicate your video content is ok You can add the same exact video to multiple content sharing sites use TubeMogul for free And get maximum exposure from search engines.